The laws currently on the books force adults to choose alcohol instead of cannabis when they seek to relax or socialize. Given alcohol is far more harmful than marijuana, this makes no sense whatsoever. Marijuana is the safest of all drugs. It is far safer to smoke a joint than to have a beer.
1. Alcohol is deadly, weed is not. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, approximately 20,000 Americans die annually as the direct result of alcohol consumption, and similar figures are found in the UK and worldwide. The comparable number for marijuana is zero.
2. Weed is a lesser driving hazard than alcohol. A single glass of wine will impair your driving more than smoking a joint. And under certain test conditions, the complex way alcohol and cannabis combine to affect driving behaviour suggests that someone who has taken both may drive less recklessly than a person who is simply drunk. These are the findings of a major study by British transport researchers.
3. Cannabis makes you calm. Alcohol makes you aggressive. Drunk people tend to get into arguments and fights. While, folks high on pot become calm and have little or no tendency to argue.
4. Cannabis is much less addictive than alcohol, tobacco and even coffee.
5. Weed heightens imagination and improves creativity. Marijuana makes most people more relaxed. It relieves the clutter and tension after a hard days work. It mellows you out and makes you more relaxed. It heightens the imagination and improves creativity. If you have a problem with anger, Pot is usually a good drug to reduce it.
6. Cannabis does not give you hangovers. No morning after headaches, no waking up in puke.
7. Weed has potential health benefits. For thousands of years, throughout the world, people have used marijuana to treat a variety of medical conditions. People undergoing cancer chemotherapy have found smoked marijuana to be an effective anti-nauseant. Marijuana is also smoked by thousands of AIDS patients to treat the nausea and vomiting associated with both the disease and AZT drug therapy.
8. Cannabis is way cheaper than alcohol. Much, much cheaper both in direct and indirect costs.
9. Alcohol poses much dangerous health risks than pot.
10. Weed does not make you stupid/helpless/pass out. Researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health College found that nearly three quarters (72 percent) of all college female rape victims experienced rape while on alcohol.