The DaVinci IQ vaporizer is one of the most talked about dry herb portable vapes around and for good reason.
We recently got our hands on one of these well-crafted vapes and have been putting it through its paces.
In this review, we will take a look at the spec, getting started, break down the details
We will also weigh up the pros and cons and share our final verdict.
Buy now from DaVinci Direct.
The DaVinci IQ is a high spec conduction style vaporizer which is reflected in its price, but if you want quality if you have to pay a little extra.
- 51 light grid display – An intuitive and attractive alternative to a screen
- Precision Control – Featuring precision temp control ranging from 250-430° F
- Replaceable 18650 Battery
- Aluminum Case
- Boost & Standby Mode
- Smartphone App + Bluetooth Connection
- USB-C Cable (High-Quality Protected Cable)
- Mouthpiece and Adapter
- Keyring Tool
- Portable Flower Case
- Cleaning Wipes
- Cleaning Brush
In addition to the accessories that come with the DaVinci IQ, there are several other optional accessories you can add such as a carry case, a protective glove and glass bubblers and bong adapters.
You can also buy replacement parts to extend the lifespan of your item.
Getting set up and going with the DaVinci IQ couldn’t be easier.
Simply charge her up with the provided and very high-quality fiber-bound USB cable, you will know it’s fully charged when the lights show as filled up to the top.
On first use, power up the vape with the standard 5 sequential clicks and then click again to go into manual mode and turn the temp up to full ready for sterilization.
You want to hear it up without any flower matter inside and repeat 2 or 3 times to ensure that the ceramic oven has been sterilized and is free from any oils that might be present from the manufacturing process.
Once ready simply add your flower to the ceramic oven on the top by opening the lid, close it up and turn it back on ready to heat the oven.
Adjust the temperature with the up and down buttons to suit your taste, some people prefer thicker vape while others like it cooler so it just releases the terpenes.
The DeVinci is unique in it’s build and setup, unlike most portable vaporizers the flower matter is loaded into a ceramic oven on the bottom of the device and also features a pearl ball which helps to press the material and prevent it from moving around and acts as an insulative spacer to ensure your flower is heated from both sides.
Another interesting innovation in the design of the IQ is the use of a 100% zirconia ceramic flavor chamber which can be loaded with additional herbs or flowers to add a mix of flavors.
The flavor chamber also distances the oven from the mouthpiece to help with cooling the vapor before it reaches your lips.
You could put your favorite “Botanicals” in the main conduction oven at the bottom and then choose an alternative herb in the flavor chamber.
Recommended ingredients to try in the flavor chamber include:
- Hibiscus – Fruity flowers, use dried Hibiscus leaves for a fruity twist.
- Cinnamon – Add a cinnamon taste to your vape.
- Root Ginger – Great taste if you like ginger
- Chamomile – Great flavor and helps you relax and sleep
- Star Anise / Illicium verum – If you like licorice, this is for you.
As you can see, you can become the ultimate vape sommelier with this vaporizer by combining different combinations of flavors with your herb.
The DaVinci brand has earned a reputation for creating high-quality vaporizers and the IQ is no different.
The benefits of this portable vape include:
- Portability – the size is perfect for any pocket or purse
- Style – The finish is beautiful and feels like a luxury accessory
- Removable battery – Replaceable 18650 Batteries are one of the best bonuses of this device.
- Quality of Vape – The flavor and vape produced by this device are as good as it gets from a portable device.
- LED Light Interface
- Boost Mode – Get the most out of your herb
- Smartphone App –
- Unique mouthpiece – If there’s one aspect DaVinci have really innovated it’s with the mouthpiece.
I must admit, I have to nitpick when trying to find disadvantages with this device but as with anything it’s not perfect for everyone and there’s slight room for improvement.
- Ease of use – It’s not too difficult but at first it took a while to work things out.
- Limited to dry herb – Not for use with concentrates, which doesn’t bother me, but might be a deal breaker for some.
- Heat – One drawback of having a flush aluminum case is the heat transfer is very noticeable and can be a little hot to the touch when using it at high temperatures.
- USB Port – Unusual positioning though this may be to ensure you can keep it standing to ensure it cools.
If you find it’s a little too hot you might want to consider switching out the battery that comes with it for an upgraded LG HG2 18650 but other than that the other cons aren’t big concerns unless it’s a just out of your price range of course.
If you want to switch to a healthier way to enjoy your cannabis then invest in this vape, you won’t be disappointed.
DaVinci IQ: Final Verdict
The DaVinci IQ is one of the best vaporizers on the market and that says a lot in a market where most of the new portable models use a convection oven instead of DaVinci’s conduction approach.
It might even have just become my favorite portable vape when everything is taken into consideration including vapor production, flavor quality, device design, and price.
The quality of the vape is outstanding, the flavor production is unrivaled from a device this compact due to the flavor chamber and overall it’s hard to pick faults with the DaVinci IQ.
The deal is sealed by the fact this vape also allows you to very quickly switch out the battery for a fresh one so you are never without power!
Bottom line, this is our new favorite portable vaporizer for dry herbs.
We can fully recommend the DaVinci IQ to anyone looking to get a high quality vape for their dry herbs.
Ready to try it for yourself? you can buy now from directly from DaVinci.